Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cute As A Button March Inspiration


Hi everyone, it’s Dawn here (again!) on this fabulous Tuesday and I have a fun and easy little project to share using Cute As A Button digital image 'Smell The Flowers".




When I color all those pretty Cute As A Button stamps I like to keep a record of the Copic colors I used – that way it is easier to keep track of my color choices for future use.

Copics used:
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R20
Hair - E35, YR24, YR31, E50
Clothes  - V17, V15, V12
Flowers - R83, Y13
Butterflies - YR04
Grass and leaves - YG67, YG63, G20 
Directions on how to make the card
First you need to print out your image. I wanted to use a certain die, so I sized my digital image to fit the die.  I also wanted to highlight the saying, so I used a smaller die and sized the saying to fit the smaller die. (see photo below to see how I did this)
Next, I used my die and cut out my images before I colored it.  I only cut out the sentiment in the one image.

Next color your image. Here's the completed colored image:

 Next you want to cut out your mat for behind the image. Using a slightly larger die, cut out your mat:



To create the card base: Cut a piece of cardstock to 6x12.


 Score CS at 6" and fold in half.




Cut pieces of Cardstock to decorate your card base. You will want to cut 1 piece of purple cardstock to 5 7/8. Then you will want to cut a piece of Designer CS to 5 3/4.  Here is all your pieces for your card:



 Lay out your pieces so you can see what the finished card is going to look like. If you like the way it looks, then assemble your card.  Here's the finished card:



 Do you love to create using Cute As A Button images? If so, we would love to see them, and to make sure we do not miss a single Button creation from you!
Remember to hashtag us on Instagram with ‪#‎cuteasabuttonstamps‬ so we can find you easily and ogle your awesome creations! Don't forget to check out our BLOG for more inspiration using Cute As A Button images.





No comments: