Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Designer's Choice Challenge - Repeat Impressions

It's time for a new Challenge over at the House that Stamps Built
The Challenge is called Designer's Choice. 
Here's how the "Designer's Choice Challenge" will work!
All of the fabulous design team members for Repeat Impressions 
will be assigned a Wednesday, and we get to set the 
"theme" for the challenge!  The Theme for this
week's DCC is hosted by Lynette and she is challenging
 all of us to do a Father's Day card with Texture. 
Could be embossing, could be flower soft, could be glitter – 
anything that adds a little texture. 


 My very simple card today uses the SOTW "4134-K, His Words".
This was another HARD challenge for me as I usually like
to use alot of Bling and ribbon on my cards and most of
my stamps are flowers or girly stamps.  So after
going through my assortment of stamps, this sentiment 
popped out.  I stamped His Words onto white card stock
with black ink.  I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss my 
blue card stock, you can't really see the embossing in the
picture, but it is there.  I decided to add a ribbon, but instead
of the usual bow, I tied a knot.  

Here is a closeup of the "4134-K, His Words":

Such great words....

Take a peek at what the rest of the DT has created for
this great Challenge. 

DarsieDawn (You are Here)  *  Joy  *  Makiko  *
Lynette  *  Robin  *  Harriet  *  Karen  *  Michele  *

 
Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Simple and effective - great card!

joy said...

Great color combo!

Unknown said...

This is super wonderful!! I love the rich/masculine colors! Wonderful finish with ribbon!

Harriet Skelly said...

Great masculine card Dawn - these are hard for me too but you rocked it!

Kecia said...

Nicely done!

Miriam said...

Love the simplicity of your elegant card! Great colors too.