Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Designer's Choice Challenge - Repeat Impressions

It's time for a new Challenge series over at the House that Stamps Built
Here's how the "Designer's Choice Challenge" will work!
All of the fabulous design team members for Repeat Impressions 
will be assigned a Wednesday, and we get to set the 
"theme" for the challenge!  The Theme for this
week's DCC is hosted by Robin and she is challenging
 you all to create a card using these three colors…
kraft, robin’s egg blue and rust. Plus you may use 
one neutral color of your choice… white, ivory, brown or black.



For my DCC, I used the stamp called 
"Rebecca - 708-K".  I stamped my
image onto Cryogen Card Stock and she is
colored in with my Copics.  I used one
of the new Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Motifs to cut out
my image and for the corner pieces. I really like the color
combo, but when I read the challenge, I kinda left out the 
Rust color.  So in order to save my creation, I added
my sentiment in Rust colored ink.  Hope this is okay Robin....

Here is a closer look at my colored image:

Take a peek at what the rest of the DT has created for
this great Challenge. 

DarsieDawn (You are Here)  *  Joy  *  Makiko  *
Lynette  *  Robin  *  Harriet  *  Karen  *  Michele  *
Don''t forget to check out the new Rock Star



See all the details about this new Challenge over




Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn

6 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Nice save by adding the sentiment in rust! LOL - no worries, rules were made to be broken, right?!

Lynette said...

Beautiful card, Dawn - love your coloring and the die!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Dawn!! Fantastic job on those colors! I love the wonderful design and details!

Harriet Skelly said...

Dawn your coloring of Rebecca is super! Lovely design!

Karen Hasheck said...

Very lovely card- great job coloring and I love the dies in the corners and behind Rebecca!

Miriam said...

Love all your die cuts! Great coloring job on Rebecca. I've only paper pieced her so far!