Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Stamps Blog Hop

Today Sweet Stamps is excited to present
new Wildlife rubber stamps by Jacqueline Hill.
Not only is Jackie joining us today, but she will be 
a new member of our design team.  We are having a blog hop to
showcase these wonderful new stamps.  Please visit each
team member's blog and collect a letter. Once you collect all the
letters, unscramble them to reveal the 2 word phrase. Then return to 
the Challenge blog and leave a comment with the answer.
We will be choosing one winner to receive all of the new Wildlife stamps.
We will also be awarding random prizes of rubber stamps chosen from
the readers who comment on each member's blog, so be sure to leave 
some love along your way.  If you get lost along the way, 
you can always return
to the Challenge Blog for a list of the DT members in hop order. 
Blog Hop winners will be announced on Monday, February 21st
before our next challenge.  You should have arrived here
from Jackie R's blog, if not return to the Challenge Blog 
and start at the beginning.


For my card today, I have used the stamp
Here's a close up of my Horse image.
I chose to color my horse like a dapple gray.
I stamped my image on Cryogen card stock and
colored it with copics.

For the inside of my card, I used a few more
stamps from this great wildlife collection.

For the inside top, I used the "Whoa" sentiment
 stamp and the "2 Horse Silhouette" stamp.  I 
stamped these stamps using brown ink onto my blue card stock.
I also added more ribbon and another bow.

For the bottom half of the inside of my card:



I stamped the "Horse Portrait Oval" onto
brown card stock using white ink. 

Here's another pic of the inside together:


 And one last picture of my card front:
The letter to collect from my blog is "S".

Now it's time to continue by hopping over to Jeannie's blog.



Challenges entered:
Bearly Mine Challenges - challenge #4 Ribbons and Pearls
Crafty Ho's Challenge Blog - challenge sketch or blue/brown color combo
Southern Girls Challenge - blue and chocolate


Project Recipe:

Stamps: Sweet Stamps Wildlife collection by Jacqueline Hill
Paper: Dark Brown Card Stock, Blue Card Stock
Copics: W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0
Accessories: pearls, ribbon, charm

Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

22 comments:

Tamara Morton said...

Oh Dawn, I simply adore your card, I love the colors you have used. You have made the stamp looks like you have drawn and sketched it. Amazing work..

Hugs
Tamara

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love your main color! It really pops the horse portrait. Very beautiful!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Love the colors you used!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

What a clever bow! I really lve the layout and colors, as well as the charm!

Mama said...

Really do love the colors used and the layout. Especially like how you did the inside too. Beautiful card.

Auntie Em said...

Love the blue with the brown trim. The images of the horses are so handsome! Nice finishing on the inside of the card.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Dawnll said...

Oh Dawn you have done a wonderful job showcasing this stamp set.
I love the stitching with this Horse stamp.
Great job sweetie

Heidi said...

Wonderful card!
Pretty colours:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

beautyeb said...

I just love the colors and the design.

Anonymous said...

What a presentation! You did soooooo awesome on this! Can't believe it looks so great with such a predominant color. I never would have thought to do that!

Juliana T said...

nice colors and I love the horse images. I really like how you stamped the inside, too.

Donna said...

Lovely card and a great horse image. Love how you've done the four corners. Thanks for playing along this week at Bearly Mine Challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Your coloring is beautiful and I love how you put the card together!

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Love the color you used in the card!! Very Creative!! TFS!! I am a new follower here!! TFS!!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann

Cards By MI said...

A wonderful card. Great colour combo! Stunning hourse. Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mine this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

crftyduchess said...

very pretty colors

crftyduchess@gmail.com

Lillian Child said...

So very lovely, Dawn!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine.....

Hugs
Judith

Sue D said...

Great card! Thanks for showing the inside too. I like how you used ribbon.

Jan Scholl said...

Adding the charm set this card to the top of the list.

sue said...

Beautiful colours and colouring of the horse! I love all your detail. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls :)

Patricia Mae said...

Very cute, Thanks for joining us in our color challenge at Southern Girls I hope to see you again.
~Patricia