Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friends

 Today is another release day at Whimsy Stamps.
Meljen's Designs is release some new great digital images. 
Take a look at Whimsy Stamps Store to see them.

I have not been feeling too great these past 2 wks as I am on
a new medication and well the side effects have really gotten
to me. I'm waiting to hear back from my Dr on what we are going to try now. 
So today, instead of using one of Meljen's Digital images
that are being release today, I decided to try my hand at
embossing.  I wanted to do something that didn't require too much
thought and well using my copics does. I got my
order in the mail last week with some new stamps and one of the 
dies and well, they just seemed to be calling to me to use them.

So, for my card today I have used a combination of 2 stamp
sets and one of the new dies
that were just released from Raindrop Echo Designs
at Whimsy Stamps .  The stamp sets are Postage Stamp Sentiments and
Birthday Postage Stamp Sentiments and the new Postage Stamp Die.
These can be found in the Whimsy Stamps Store Here and Here and Here.

I took one of the small circular sentiments and stamped it randomly
using Top Boss onto my Kraft Cardstock and embossed it with
Black Detail Embossing Powder. I then stamped my bigger
postage stamps onto Cryogen card stock and embossed those 
using Blue, Green and Purple sparkly embossing powder.
I then used the Postage Stamp Die to cut all three of them out.

Here's a Close up of the 3 Postage Stamps:

I then added some ribbon and bows across the bottom of the card to finish
it off.


Thanks for coming to visit today and I hope you will go to the Whimsy Stamps
Blog and check out what the other Design Team members have 
created with these great stamps and images. 
Hopefully I'll be back to my normal self soon and will be back
to coloring with my Copics.

Project Recipe:
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Postage Stamp Sentiments, Whimsy Stamps Birthday Postage Stamp Sentiments
Paper: Kraft Card Stock, Cryogen Card Stock
Copics: NONE
Accessories: Top Boss, Black detail embossing powder, purple, blue and green sparkly embossing powder, Whimsy Stamps Postage Stamp Die, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

1 comment:

shulsart said...

What a cool card, love the postage marks for the background. Cute little stamps too!