Saturday, February 12, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge - The Stamping Boutique

The Stamping Boutique is 
sponsoring the Etsy Inspired Challenge blog today.
We were to go to 
and find an item or two that inspires you and to create
a project based on that item. 

Here is the item that caught my eye:

I just love the Teal and purple colors..... 
with a splash of yellow mixed in.....

And here is my project based on this item:


The image I used is called "Frolicking Fairies" from
My sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations. 

Here is a close up of my image:


The purples and teal colors in the Etsy picture is what caught
my eye.  This is such an awesome color combo
and I just had to try them together. 
Of course it is a color combo that I would
never have thought would look great together,
so I really did get inspired to try something new....

Here is one last look at my card:


Isn't it great....

for more inspiration from the rest of the Design
Team.



Project Recipe:
Stamps: The Stamping Boutique Frolicking Fairies, Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch Swirls (sentiment)
Paper: Bazzill
Copics:V12, V15, V17, Y11, Y13, Y15, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, W1
Accessories: Martha Stewart Border Punch, yellow ribbon, purple pearls


Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

9 comments:

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Dawn, wonderful card and the colours are just perfect.
Hugs
Tamara

Crystal said...

Pretty card, I love the colours you used & her fabulous glittery wings & the great border punch. Happy Saturday!

Jennifer McGee said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Dawn! I too would have never thought to put those two colors together and of course, I love the Fairies Frolic image.

Jacquel said...

Very nice card and LOVE that image! The added bling is the perfect touch....thanks for playing with Etsy this week!!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Ooh!! I love the colors of this card!!!Your image and the coloring is just perfect!! The borders and bow are perfect.

Kecia said...

That is such a gorgeous color combination! Nicely done!

de said...

Gorgeous inspiration! Love that the TSB DT is playing along with EIC! FUn, fun, fun!

Angi Barrs said...

What a beautiful card. Love the ribbon and the colors. So glad to see the TSB DT playing along with Etsy Inspired. :)

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card, beautiful use of the colours from the inspiration pic. So fun to have the TSB DT playing along with us this week at Etsy Inspired!